FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Register Log in

ities," Ceniti told Xinhua.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    For all you hacking needs Forum Index -> WarRock Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMT

PostPosted: 21-01-2019 03:42:18    Post subject: ities," Ceniti told Xinhua. Reply with quote

By Marzia De Giuli

ROME Wholesale Carolina Hurricanes Jersey , Aug. 4 (Xinhua) -- Marco Pantani, the last cyclist to win the Giro d'Italia and the Tour de France in the same year of 1998, may have been murdered, according to evidence presented by his family which led prosecutors to reopen the case after he died 10 years ago due to a massive ingestion of cocaine.

The local press said at the weekend that a court in the beachside resort city of Rimini was investigating Pantani's death after his family argued that he was forced to drink a potion containing a huge volume of the drug.

Judicial sources quoted by ANSA news agency on Monday said the examining parties will get down to the inquiry starting from September.

"It will certainly be a complex and long-lasting investigation, made of various phases," the family's lawyer Antonio De Rensis said.

"MY SON WAS KILLED"

"Ever since they phoned to break to me the tragic news of my son's death Wholesale Chicago Blackhawks Jersey , I have always believed that someone killed him," Pantani's mother Tonina Belletti Pantani told Xinhua.

When Pantani was found dead aged 34 in a hotel suite in Rimini on Valentine's Day 2004, it emerged from the first inquiry that he had died after overdosing of cocaine. He had become depressed and addicted to drugs since his disqualification from the Giro d'Italia in 1999 for failing a doping blood test.

But doubts over the accepted truth that the much-loved cyclist had committed suicide were expressed soon after his death, when Belletti Pantani suggested that her son had been killed because he had gained knowledge of sensitive information about something.

"When I started reasoning about the elements emerged from the first inquiry (which led to plea bargains for three people who sold cocaine to Italy's most famous cyclist, while a fourth was acquitted), I became increasingly convinced that I was right Wholesale Colorado Avalanche Jersey ," she went on to say.

10-YEAR-LONG MISTERY

Drug dealing, doping in cycling and illegal bets were among the alleged elements of the mystery surrounding the rider's death over the past years. Media reports claimed there had been a cover-up in the original investigation.

Pantani's mother never stopped campaigning for the case to be reopened. "There are several elements that do not add up. Analyses on Marco's body said he had ingested 20 grams of cocaine, too many to be taken alone. This is why we say that he was made to drink diluted cocaine," she told Xinhua.

She also added the cuts and bruises on his son's body could not have been procured only from the fall due to a stroke, and insisted that he was beaten by someone.

"Moreover, the first inquiry said that nobody could have entered his room Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jersey , whereas a second check showed there was free access to the hotel from the garage," Belletti Pantani pointed out.

She also explained to Xinhua there was a sort of "reenacted chaos" in the room, as if someone had modified the scene. "Finally, there were three winter jackets that Marco had left in Milan, not taking them with him in Rimini. How did they end up in his room?" she said.

DOUBTS OVER SUICIDE

"I do not know whether there will be another day for me," Pantani was quoted by Sky television as telling a guest of his hotel a day before his death.

Another person who met Pantani just hours before he was found dead was Olivier Laghi Wholesale Dallas Stars Jersey , the restaurateur who brought him the dinner. The man, a fan of Pantani, remembers asking the champion whether he could take his little son to his room the following day to get an autograph.

"He answered with a timid smile and a pack on my back that there was no problem and we would meet the following day," Laghi was quoted as saying by Corriere della Sera, one of Italy's leading newspapers. "He had not the face of someone who wanted to commit suicide," the restaurateur stressed.

"Absolutely never. Marco would have never committed suicide Wholesale Detroit Red Wings Jersey ," Giuseppe "Pino" Roncucci, Pantani's first sporting director and a major influence on the future champion, told Xinhua.

"I learnt about his death from television, and I felt a profound sorrow because we had a very good relation when he was at the beginning of his career. For as I knew him, he loved life so much that the thought of suicide would even not touch slightly his mind," Roncucci said.

According to Sky Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jersey , Pantani phoned to the reception twice in the day of his death to warn that there were some people disturbing him, and asked for police intervention, but nobody cried havoc unexplainably.

THROWING LIGHT ON TRUTH

"What is amazing in Pantani's story is that nobody raised any of these doubts 10 years ago. The first inquiry was closed in just 55 days, a record for Italy's justice," said Francesco Ceniti, a journalist of leading sports newspaper La Gazzetta dello Sport and the author of "In nome di Marco (In the name of Marco) Wholesale Florida Panthers Jersey ," a book on Pantani written together with his mother.

"Investigators focused on the trail of accidental death for overdosing of cocaine, but neglected a series of evident incongruities," Ceniti told Xinhua. "Everybody knew there was another entry into the hotel so that anyone could take the lift and arrive exactly in front of Pantani's room," he said.

Negligence at best could have lied behind the speedy handling of the trial, which was even committed in the end to an experienced judge, the author noted. "But in the worst case scenario Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jersey , the suicide conclusion could have been reached on purpose, if we consider the hypothesis that Pantani's room was turned upside down by someone who wanted to hide the truth," he added.

However, Ceniti highlighted, the case has been reopened, which gives some hope that many doubts can be cleared up. "Not only Pantani's family Wholesale Montreal Canadiens Jersey , but all citizens are asking to throw light on Pantani's death. Every case of strange death should be resolved, and even more so there cannot be huge shadows around the passing of such an important champion as Pan"

NAIROBI, July 3 (Xinhua. Cheap Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys Wholeasale Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Soccer Jerseys
Post new topic   Reply to topic    For all you hacking needs Forum Index -> WarRock Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: